2D online multiplayer framework?

Cédric Lucantis omer at no-log.org
Sat Jun 28 09:31:10 EDT 2008

Le Saturday 28 June 2008 09:49:42 George Oliver, vous avez écrit :
> I'm looking for a framework to support a 2D online real-time
> multiplayer game (rugby league football with a lo-fi pixel look). The
> GameProgramming page at the Python wiki had some suggestions but so
> far nothing looks that promising, does anyone have some
> recommendations?
>
> It would be ideal to play this through a web browser but I don't know
> if that's practical.
>
> This aspect of programming is pretty new to me so I'm not sure if I
> should start with something general like Twisted or if there's a
> different path I should take.

There is Allegro, a (very good and easy to use) game development library which
has some python bindings (afaik it is not finished but usable):

http://pyallegro.sourceforge.net/

(the allegro website is here: http://alleg.sourceforge.net/ )

or SDL, another good one with the same purpose:

http://www.libsdl.org/
http://www.pygame.org/news.html

both are (imho) very good and easy to learn, but they are C libraries so some
knowledge of this language might help you to understand them.

--
Cédric Lucantis