2D online multiplayer framework?

George Oliver georgeoliverGO at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 03:49:42 EDT 2008

I'm looking for a framework to support a 2D online real-time
multiplayer game (rugby league football with a lo-fi pixel look). The
GameProgramming page at the Python wiki had some suggestions but so
far nothing looks that promising, does anyone have some
recommendations?

It would be ideal to play this through a web browser but I don't know
if that's practical.

This aspect of programming is pretty new to me so I'm not sure if I
should start with something general like Twisted or if there's a
different path I should take.

thanks, George