problems with opening files due to file's path

Alexnb alexnbryan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 20:15:02 EDT 2008

I am using GUI, Tkinter to be exact. But regardless of how the path gets
there, it needs to opened correctly. The problem I am running into is that
the program receives a path of a file, either .wma or .mp3 and is supposed
to open it. I run into problems when there is either a ")" or a number next
to the backslash "\" in the file path. I am looking for a way to make it
work with a variable, I can make it work when I physically type it in, but
not with a variable that holds the path.