Making wxPython a standard module?

Thu Jun 12 11:13:38 EDT 2008

"Diez B. Roggisch" <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote in message
news:6bcqtpF3btl4sU1 at mid.uni-berlin.de...
> This has been discussed before. While tkInter might not be the greatest
> toolkit out there it has two extreme advantages:
>
>   - it is comparably small regarding the footprint. Few external
> dependencies, small libraries, small python-wrapping.
>
>   - it is available on a wide range of platforms.
>
>   - it is very stable, not only wrt bugs but also regarding features.
> There
> is no external pressure to update it frequently.
>
>   - it is easily maintainable.

Ok, that was more than two advantages! :) But those are good points. I was
wondering about the size of wx too. Probably huge compared to Tkinter.

> And on a personal note: I find it *buttugly*. But that has nothing to do
> with the reasons given above - nor do I have any weight in the decision to
> include it or not... :)

You find what ugly? The look of wxPython apps, or the code itself? To me it
seems very nice, but what do I know! I also have started using XRC (putting
the GUI in an xml file instead of in the program), so I see less of the code
clutter my program.