bpython - fancy Python shell

Andrii V. Mishkovskyi mishok13 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 06:48:54 EDT 2008

2008/6/15, Bob Farrell <robertanthonyfarrell at googlemail.com>:

> I released this a while ago but did some work recently to fix some bugs
> so I thought I may as well post it here. To quickly summarise:
> In-line syntax highlighting
> Auto complete with suggestions as you type
> Pastebin stuff, save to file
> "Rewind" feature to jump back a line if you mess up (don't ask how it
> works, please ;)
>
> You can get it here:
> http://www.noiseforfree.com/bpython/
>
> There's info about git repos and what have you there, and apparently
> it's also in some real distro repos, but I don't know the details.
>
> Oh, and you'll need pygments and pyparsing, and it doesn't work on
> Windows (heard good reports about it working fine on a Mac though).

Great work, bobf. :)
I've been using bpython from time to time for a month now, so I can
only appreciate the fact that bpython is developing. I think that with
that speed of development bpython will substitute ipython as my
everyday python console in the near future (3-4 months).

P.S. I think you should of cc'd this announcement to python-announce-list. ;)

> --
> Bob Farrell
> --

Wbr, Andrii Mishkovskyi.

He's got a heart of a little child, and he keeps it in a jar on his desk.