Instructions on how to build py2exe 0.6.8 (or an installer would be nice, too!)

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 14:35:02 EDT 2008

On Jun 11, 12:38 pm, chard... at gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 10, 8:50 pm, Mike Driscoll <kyoso... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Evan,
>
> > <snip>

> > > Thanks, Mike. Hopefully you'll have more luck than I've had : )
>
> > > Evan
>
> > I got it compiled. They are up on my website:
>
> >http://pythonlibrary.org/python_modules.htm
>
> > I tested it on one of my simple programs and it ran. I used the 2.5
> > version for that test. However, it should be noted that I haven't been
> > able to get the tests from CVS to run. The Traceback doesn't appear to
> > be py2exe related though. I'll post the issue to their group and see
> > if they have any idea why that would be.
>
> > In the meantime, feel free to give it a try. At worst you'll have to
> > delete the compiled binary and the py2exe folder.
>
> > Mike
>
> Mike -
>
> Thank you VERY much! py2exe installed fine and I now have a working
> single-file executable that I can actually change the name of. Your
> website looks useful in general; I'll store it away for the next time
> I need to do Python programming on win32.

If you think my site is useful, you'll love Tim Golden's win32 stuff:

http://timgolden.me.uk/python-on-windows/
http://timgolden.me.uk/python/index.html

I was going to do something like his Python on Windows site, but he
beat me to the punch, so I'll be trying to help him with my limited
knowledge.

This site is also interesting: http://www.lightbird.net/py-by-example/

<snip>