C++ or Python

Victor Noagbodji noagbodjivictor at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 11:39:32 EDT 2008

Kurda Yon <kurdayon at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I would like to know what are advantages of Python in comparison with C
>  ++? In which cases and why Python can be a better tool than C++?

I have used both in small projects and I think Python wins by far.
First of all, you don't have the hassle of compiling each time you
make a change to your code. This compiling step can be a nightmare
when developing a web application (CGI, but you will see only few C++
frameworks for web development anyway) or a GUI.

Second: Python is easy to read and write. This is very important when
working in a team. Python doesn't give you much choice on the code
layout, and that's a good thing. And it also increases the speed of
your coding.

I strongly suggest you learn Python, then C (not C++) in order to
extend Python when you feel like something is slow.

--
NOAGBODJI Paul Victor