Good grid + calendar, etc.?

Gilles Ganault nospam at nospam.com
Sun Jun 1 09:28:27 EDT 2008

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 06:00:03 -0700 (PDT), Mike Driscoll
<kyosohma at gmail.com> wrote:
>I recall that there is an advanced calendar widget that's been made by
>one of the regulars on the wxPython list, but it's not a part of the
>official distribution at this time. You'll have to ask about calendar
>widgets and such there though.

The impression I get, is that those extra widgets (besides the usual
edit, listbox, etc.) aren't really developped/maintained, which is a
problem when comitting for applications that will have to be
developped for a few years.

For instance, is there a calendar in wxPython that has this look and
feel, and is under active development?
http://www.devexpress.com/Products/VCL/ExScheduler/

>The grid can be quite advanced. Did you look at the wxPython demo? Or
>Dabo?

Yes, but although the basic wigets are just fine, wxGrid looks a bit
like the basic TStringGrid in Delphi, ie. it's pretty basic so that
several vendors came up with enhanced alternatives. But maybe I
haven't played with it long enough.

www.asiplease.net/computing/delphi/images/string_grid_demo_popstars.gif

It lacks sorting capability, merging cells with the same content, etc.