Good grid + calendar, etc.?

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 09:00:03 EDT 2008

On Jun 1, 6:59 am, Gilles Ganault <nos... at nospam.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
>         Since Python is such a productive language, I'd really like to be
> able to use it to write GUI apps for Windows, but business apps
> require rich widgets like (DB)grids, calendars, etc.
>
> The ones available in wxWidgets looked a bit too basic compared to
> what's available for eg. Delphi or .Net, and don't seem to be under
> active development (lots of "1.0", "Last updated 2005", etc.)
>
> For instance, here's wxGrid and DevExpress' grid for Delphi:http://www.simpol.com/guiimages/wxgrid.jpghttp://community.devexpress.com/blogs/thinking/PrintingXtraPivotGridF...
>
> Is it hopeless, or did I overlook things? Are  there other solutions I
> should look at (FLTK, etc.)? For those of you writing business apps in
> Python for Windows, how do things go as far as GUI widgets are
> concerned?
>
> Thank you.

The wxPython GUI is updated much more often than the Tkinter toolkit.
I recall that there is an advanced calendar widget that's been made by
one of the regulars on the wxPython list, but it's not a part of the
official distribution at this time. You'll have to ask about calendar
widgets and such there though.

The grid can be quite advanced. Did you look at the wxPython demo? Or
Dabo?

Mike