problems with opening files due to file's path

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:50:29 EDT 2008

On Jun 10, 1:25 pm, "Thomas Morton" <morton.tho... at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> maybe try string substitution... not sure if that's really the BEST way to
> do it but it should work
>
> startfile(r"%s"%variable)

I concur. That should work. A slightly more in depth example (assuming
Windows):

os.startfile(r'C:\Documents and Settings\%s\Desktop\myApp.exe' %
username)

or

os.startfile(r'C:\Program Files\%s' % myApp)

Hopefully this is what you are talking about. If you were referring to
passing in arguments, than you'll want to use the subprocess module
instead.

<snip>

Mike