Zipping python modules

Brian Vanderburg II BrianVanderburg2 at aim.com
Mon Jun 16 09:03:25 EDT 2008

I've installed Python 2.5 on MSW and it works.  I'm preparing it to run
from a thumb drive so I can run applications by dropping them onto the
python.exe or from command line/etc.  It works but the size is quite
large.  I've compressed most of the executables with UPX even the dlls
under site-packages, but is there a way I could compress the top-level
'lib' directory into a python.zip instead so save some space, and do I
need the 'test' directory (which is about 10MB itself)?

Brian Vanderburg II