Getting current screen resolution

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com`
Mon Jun 9 18:16:57 EDT 2008

Thomas Morton wrote:
> This is a "thing" that has been annoying me all morning: and I can't
> work out how to do it.
>
> I need a way to get the DPI or screen resolution of the monitor that a
> script is currently runnign on.
>
> I have a way in Windows but it doesnt port to Unix (which is important).
>
> Any ideas?

warning - be very careful about trying to come up with something like this.
Today it is common for people to have more than one monitor, so you will need to
take that into account.  Just getting resolution of one monitor might not be
enough (but then I don't know EXACTLY what is is that you are doing with the
resolution).  I see a lot of software that ignores the dual-monitor possibility.

-Larry