[Business apps for Windows] Good grid + calendar, etc.?

Gilles Ganault nospam at nospam.com
Sun Jun 1 07:59:26 EDT 2008

Hello

	Since Python is such a productive language, I'd really like to be
able to use it to write GUI apps for Windows, but business apps
require rich widgets like (DB)grids, calendars, etc.

The ones available in wxWidgets looked a bit too basic compared to
what's available for eg. Delphi or .Net, and don't seem to be under
active development (lots of "1.0", "Last updated 2005", etc.)

For instance, here's wxGrid and DevExpress' grid for Delphi:
http://www.simpol.com/guiimages/wxgrid.jpg
http://community.devexpress.com/blogs/thinking/PrintingXtraPivotGridForm.png

Is it hopeless, or did I overlook things? Are  there other solutions I
should look at (FLTK, etc.)? For those of you writing business apps in
Python for Windows, how do things go as far as GUI widgets are
concerned?

Thank you.