My n00bie brain hurts after "Python setup.py install".

bsagert at gmail.com bsagert at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 19:05:26 EDT 2008

I downloaded Mark Pilgrims's feedparser.py in a zipfile to my Windows
machine, unzipped it and tried to install it to no avail.

Here is the result =>

C:\>python c:\scripts\feedparser-4.1\setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
file feedparser.py (for module feedparser) not found
running install_lib
warning: install_lib: 'build\lib' does not exist -- no Python modules
to install
running install_egg_info
Writing C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\feedparser-4.1-py2.5.egg-info

WTF? The file feedparser.py did exist in the same place as setup.py.
Even if it works, what exactly does this setup.py do for me? If I just
manually place feedparser.py in my Python site-packages file it works
fine. As for that egg-info file, I googled "python eggs" and now I am
really confused.