Creating a TCP/IP connection on already-networked computers

John Salerno johnjsal at gmailNOSPAM.com
Sat Jun 14 12:31:31 EDT 2008

Let me see if this question even makes sense...I'm reading Core Python
Programming and I jumped ahead to the more specific topics like network
programming. I plan to follow along with the example in that chapter and
create a socket connection between my desktop and laptop.

However, these two computers are already connected on my home network
(using the Windows Network Setup Wizard), so I was wondering if this
will have any effect on what I might try to do with Python. In other
words, if the program I write actually works and allows the two
computers to speak to each other, will that be a result purely of the
program, or will it have anything to do with the fact that they are
already on a home network together? (i.e. there's another variable in play?)

Thanks.