Python 3000 vs Perl 6

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 09:45:58 EDT 2008

On Jun 24, 1:19 pm, bearophileH... at lycos.com wrote:
> Michele Simionato:
>
> > It is worth reminding that, in more than one sense, the most advanced
> > language is the one with less features ...
>
> I don't agree, Scheme or Brainfuck may have less features, but this
> doesn't make them more advanced, it just makes programming with them
> slower and more difficult. An advanced language is one that already
> contains the most useful abstractions. For example Python has
> generators and other things that are possible if you use Assembly too,
> but having them pre-built in Python avoids me to use my limited brain
> power to re-implement them from scratch, and I can focus on the
> complex algorithm I am trying to implement.

Oh, you are taking my words too literally, relax and take them in the
context of
the thread. Also consider the famous Clinger's maxim
“Programming languages should be designed not by piling feature
on top of feature, but by removing the weaknesses and restrictions
that make additional
features appear necessary.”

     Michele Simionato