__del__ methods

Robert Rawlins robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Sun Jul 20 06:56:58 EDT 2008

> Time to fix that, then, with some documentation
> <URL:http://www.python.org/doc/>, and by working through the Python
> tutorial <URL:http://www.python.org/doc/tut/>.

Thanks Ben, I'll be sure to read through these. I also read through this http://www.geocities.com/foetsch/python/new_style_classes.htm earlier this morning which was also a nice little resource.

Just about all of it makes sense at the moment, apart from the new constructor types which are constructors at a class level opposed to at instance level. I found this a little confusing but who knows.

Presumably this is where you would deal with setting things which exist in every instance of a class, and properties that can vary from instance to instance go into the standard __init_(), have I got that right?

Cheers Ben,

Robert