Unusual Exception Behaviour

Robert Rawlins robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 07:03:24 EDT 2008

Hi Mk,

> To tell the truth I have never used logging module extensively, so I'm
> not expert in this area and can't help you there.
>
> However, it seems to me that you may have stumbled upon some subtle bug
> / side effect of logging module that could cause some side effects in
> exceptions. Or perhaps it surfaces only in combination with glib?
>
> If you discover the root cause, please let us know on this ng, I'm also
> using Python extensions and bindings to other libraries and this could
> be of interest at least to me.

Yeah it's got me a little bemused to be honest, I've tried playing around
with configuration options this morning and not been able to achieve
anything that works properly.

I'll keep testing though and as soon as I have a root cause to the problem
I'll be sure to let the list know.

Thanks mate,

Robert