Unusual Exception Behaviour

mk mrkafk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 06:11:41 EDT 2008

> Ok, Just to add a little interest, when I comment out the configuration line
> for my logging, like so:
>
> #logging.config.fileConfig("/myapp/configuration/logging.conf")

> It appears to throw the exceptions as normal :-) :-s

To tell the truth I have never used logging module extensively, so I'm
not expert in this area and can't help you there.

However, it seems to me that you may have stumbled upon some subtle bug
/ side effect of logging module that could cause some side effects in
exceptions. Or perhaps it surfaces only in combination with glib?

If you discover the root cause, please let us know on this ng, I'm also
using Python extensions and bindings to other libraries and this could
be of interest at least to me.