error with configure (svn 64857)

Mathieu Prevot mathieu.prevot at ens.fr
Fri Jul 11 06:50:20 EDT 2008

2008/7/11 WDC <ki4yjl at gmail.com>:

>> > Study config.log for the source of the problem.
>>
>> Thank you Martin. How can I remove -lgcc_s and use the Intel equivalent ?
>>
>> configure:21939: checking for wchar_t
>> configure:21970: icc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
>> conftest.c(123): warning #279: controlling expression is constant
>>   if ((ac__type_new_ *) 0)
>>       ^
>>
>> configure:21976: $? = 0
>> configure:21991: result: yes
>> configure:21998: checking size of wchar_t
>> configure:22306: icc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  >&5
>> ld: library not found for -lgcc_s
>> configure:22309: $? = 1
>> configure: program exited with status 1
>>
>> Mathieu
>
> I think he wanted YOU to find the problem. The best way to learn is to
> figure it out yourself! Good luck.

Yes WDC I know, but for some problems 1) we can gain much efficiency
with getting help from guys that are familiar with the environment and
 2) we also allow the committers to know a problem and improve the
sources. That's the way an open source group works IMHO :)

Now that the problem is solved for me, it is for all MacOSX+Intel icc guys.

Cheers,
Mathieu