error with configure (svn 64857)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jul 11 03:04:35 EDT 2008

> Thank you Martin. How can I remove -lgcc_s and use the Intel equivalent ?

I'm not so sure that there is anything wrong in configure. configure
doesn't pass -lgcc_s to icc; instead, icc is making this up on its
own. So I would guess you need to get libgcc_s onto you system in a
way that the linker finds it. Else you need to read the icc
documentation (but I'm fairly sure that icc is *required* to link
with libgcc_s, for interoperability with gcc-compiled binaries).

I'm somewhat puzzled that the wchar_t test is the one where it
crashes; this test comes fairly late, and configure has run multiple
compiler invocations before that.

Can you build any binaries at all with your icc installation?

Regards,
Martin