Parsing VHDL with python, where to start.

Svenn Are Bjerkem svenn.bjerkem at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 28 17:49:19 EDT 2008

Hi again,

when I get far enough to parse the VHDL (which is not currently the
fact, but I have to look at the work coming up downstream) I will have
to put it into an internal data structure and then write some classes
to handle the MVC between whatever data I have and the PyQt4 widget
that is going to show the block diagram. I own the book "Rapig GUI
Programming with Python and Qt" by Mark Summerfield and try to read up
on the PyQt way of doing things as I try to make a plan for my
application. I have been looking for possible data structures with
google just to find out that most of the ideas are stored in
proceedings or to conferences or ieee papers not generally available
to me. Is anybody experienced with designing data structures willing
to share some ideas with me? Since I am using the open-source version
of PyQt4, any information will eventually be available to public (if
the app pass the planning stage) if that makes helping out any
easier: :-) There is already an app called Qucs that is running in
Qt-3 and being ported to Qt-4 that is written in C++, but I don't know
how wise it is to just reverse-engineering C++ classes and translate
them into python classes.

--
Svenn