Why is there no GUI-tools like this for Windows?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 19:28:08 EDT 2008

maestro wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXpwC1o5AcI
>
> I have done some GUI-programming for windows with Python but the
> Tkinter interface sucked and while it is the only one I tried I got
> the impression they are all the same.
>
> It's amazing how retarded a lot of the stuff programmers do is.
> Watcing that video, that is how it should be.
>
> I can just do the layout with my mouse and then there is a program
> that writes the code for me.
> GUI-programming is hard for no reason. One good program then forever
> easy...

I asked this question about a year ago,
and for what I was used to (Delphi),
I can tell you, the link to the video looks terrible clumsy !!
And indeed there's nothing like that for Python,
there are a few (already forgot their names),
but unfortunately I couldn't get any of them working reliable.
I now work with a little procedure (much simpler than XRC),
and I'm even more satisfied with it than with Delphi.
Here an example:
    GUI = """
    NB            ,wx.Notebook   ,style = wx.NO_BORDER
      Panel1      ,PanelVer, 1   ,name  = "Hello"
        list1     ,wx.ListCtrl   ,style = wx.LC_REPORT
      Panel2      ,PanelVer, 11  ,name  = "Page2"
        window1   ,wx.Window
        window2   ,wx.Window
    """
    exec ( Create_wxGUI ( GUI ) )