encrypting python modules

Mon Jan 14 16:27:21 EST 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:46:48 +0000, Robert Latest wrote:

> And, contrary to the advice I gave elsethread, unfortunately it's
> impossible to just drop uncooperative customers when you develop GPL
> software ;-)

Just because you are writing GPLed code doesn't mean you are permanently
linked to anyone you have supplied code to. You can send their emails
straight to /dev/null. You don't have to give them any support, only the
source code. And if you do give them support, the GPL doesn't limit what
your hourly rates are: you are free to charge them one million dollars
per hour, payable in advance in blocks of fifteen hours.

If they don't like it, they can always fork the code, or find another
person to support it, or simply stop being dicks.

--
Steven