encrypting python modules

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 14 17:24:46 EST 2008

Robert Latest <boblatest at yahoo.com> writes:

> And, contrary to the advice I gave elsethread, unfortunately it's
> impossible to just drop uncooperative customers when you develop GPL
> software ;-)

On the contrary. The GPL includes a big fat "NO WARRANTY" clause. If
you're not selling warranties to people, don't provide any more
support to them than you want to.

The main benefit of software licensed under the GPL is that your
customer has the freedom to take the software and get someone else to
improve it instead of you. That's good for them *and* good for you,
since you *can* drop them if it's to your advantage to do so.

--
 \                          "Everything is futile."  -- Marvin of Borg |
Ben Finney