jpype with JFreeChart, anyone interested to help?

Peter Wang misterwang at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 11:22:23 EST 2008

On Jan 14, 8:25 pm, oyster <lepto.pyt... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanx
> However I knew Chaco and matplotlib, and I use matplotlib during my
> school days. And as I have pointed out, they are for "plot", but not
> "chart". If you don't know the difference between plot and chart, you
> can have a look at athttp://www.jfree.org/jfreechart,http://www.rmchart.com
> Yes, it is true we can use plot lib to draw chart, but that is tedious.

What are the chart types that are missing?  Or do you find that the
handling of categorical data is generally lacking?

Charting and plotting are quite related, and I think you might get
better traction trying to add the exact chart and axis types that you
need to an existing package rather than starting yet another plotting
package for Python. :)

-Peter