Beginner Pyserial Question

JAMoore84 at gmail.com JAMoore84 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 12:45:25 EST 2008

I've solved the problem- Thanks for steering me in the right
direction.

The problem is that your traditional "COM1" does not exist on this
computer (Thanks Grant).  A trip to the Device manager listed all the
COM ports on the computer. After successfully connecting to COM7 (port
= serial.Serial(6)), I realized the reason I couldn't connect to COM40
was because it was tied up with hyper terminal.  after closing
everything, I was able to issue a readline and collect data.  Thanks
for the help!

jimmy