IDLE won't start in Python 2.5 for Windows

Tommy Nordgren tommy.nordgren at comhem.se
Fri Jan 11 19:48:40 EST 2008

On 12 jan 2008, at 01.18, mikez302 wrote:

> I have Python 2.5 and Windows XP SP2.  For a while, IDLE worked, but
> now it doesn't.  The last time I was using it, I was changing some
> keyboard shortcuts, then the window suddenly disappeared.  Since then,
> I haven't been able to start it.
>
> When I try to start it, I see pythonw.exe come up on my Task Manager
> for about a second, then disappear.  Other than that, I don't see any
> hint as to what is happening.  The Python command line works fine.
>
> I tried rebooting, repairing Python, uninstalling and reinstalling
> Python, and upgrading to version 2.5.1, but I still haven't fixed the
> problem.  Is there anything else I can do to fix it?
>
> Elias
> --
	I suggest you try:
1)  Cleaning the registry
2)  Searching for IDLE preference files and delete them.
Corrupt preference settings are a common cause for application
misfunction
on all Operating Systems.
"Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" -
Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"
tommy.nordgren at comhem.se