IDLE won't start in Python 2.5 for Windows

mikez302 mikez302 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:18:25 EST 2008

I have Python 2.5 and Windows XP SP2.  For a while, IDLE worked, but
now it doesn't.  The last time I was using it, I was changing some
keyboard shortcuts, then the window suddenly disappeared.  Since then,
I haven't been able to start it.

When I try to start it, I see pythonw.exe come up on my Task Manager
for about a second, then disappear.  Other than that, I don't see any
hint as to what is happening.  The Python command line works fine.

I tried rebooting, repairing Python, uninstalling and reinstalling
Python, and upgrading to version 2.5.1, but I still haven't fixed the
problem.  Is there anything else I can do to fix it?

Elias