where do my python files go in linux?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Jan 12 11:26:15 EST 2008

On 2008-01-12, Jorgen Bodde <jorgen.maillist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Normally you'd split up the bulk of the code into a module which gets
>> installed into site-packages and a piece of stand-alone front-end code which
>> imports the module and executes whatever you need to do and gets installed
>> into a typical PATH directory.
>
> I would agree but it is not a site package I am trying to distribute,
> but a wxPython application. I would not think my app belongs in the
> python site packages dir.

That's my opinion also, but I've seen several apps that are
distributed that way.  The bulk of the application code goes
into the site-packages directory and then there's a 5-line
script in /usr/bin that calls the application's main module
that's in site-packages.

That seems wrong to me...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Civilization is
                                  at               fun! Anyway, it keeps