translating Python to Assembler...sorry if this is duplicated...it's unintentional

GHUM haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 07:28:54 EST 2008

> My expertise, if any, is in assembler. I'm trying to understand Python
> scripts and modules by examining them after they have been
> disassembled in a Windows environment.

Maybe you could also profit from diassembling Pythons bytecode into
MNEmonics of the Python Virtual Machine ?

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-dis.html

Because "disassembling python scripts" with any other disassembler
will not likely lead to something usefull:

 a) the .pyc and pyo files are in Python Bytecode, that is "assembler
for the Python Virtual Machine Processor", disassemble with the
mentioned module

 b) python2x.dll is in i386-Assembler, but contains the virtual
machine. Understanding that will you will learn a lot of great
programming concepts from some of the most brilliant minds on this
planet; but will give you no hint to understand Python scripts, as
they are running on top of that VM. Like disassembling the Hybrid
Power Drive of a Lexus GS450h will teach you nothing about navigating
from Berlin to Paris.

Best wishes,

Harald