Memory problem with threading

Clement jeba.ride at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 02:47:10 EST 2008

On Jan 16, 5:24 am, "rewo... at gmail.com" <rewo... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I made a string parser program, it has a main function and a working
> thread class. When it is running in 24h non-stop, the memory run out.
> I dont Know why. Do anybody know somekind of debugger that can i see
> what is eating the memory? Maybe there is a list or value or
> dictionary that is growing continually but i dont know which one.
> Maybe there is a program for that kind of debugging, what can
> monitoring the memory and values size in the memory. Or it is a sience
> fiction :)
>
> p.s.: sorry for my english
> Rew

Hi I got the same problem when i did my crawler..... the simple
soloution what i did is... created one therad at the start up time of
my program.. it will run all the time of the life of the program...
it's duty is frequently calling gc.college() function in garbage
collector package of python

http://arctrix.com/nas/python/gc/

i used it as temporary solution.... if any other way please

Thanking you...
Clement
http://www.squzer.com/