Python too slow?

Fri Jan 11 22:03:06 EST 2008

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:52:17 -0800, Paul Boddie wrote:

> These days, I seriously doubt that anyone uses the term "interpreted" to
> mean "parses the source text and works out what to do, over and over
> again as the program runs".

Given the way that people seem to use "interpreted" as a pejorative and a
synonym for "slow", I don't doubt it one bit. Especially in management,
where they might be making technical judgments on the basis of half-
remembered Comp Sci 101 lessons from fifteen years earlier and vague
buzzword-laden articles in trade magazines.

--
Steven