Intra-package References?? (again)

marcroy.olsen at gmail.com marcroy.olsen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 03:45:54 EST 2008

Hi Python list,

I have been struggleling with this before, but have never been able to
find a good solution.
The thing I dont understand is, I follow the guide here:
http://docs.python.org/tut/node8.html#SECTION008420000000000000000
And have the same setup as the packages howto here:http://
docs.python.org/tut/node8.html#SECTION008400000000000000000

But when I want to use Intra-package References, I need to put the
path to the packages explicit like this:
#sys.path.append('/path/to/pack/')
Before I can make import like this:
#from Sound.Effects import echo
from within the karaoke.py (just to stay with the tut)
If I print the sys.path from the same file, I can see that
#/path/to/pack/Sound/Filters/
is in the path.

Is there something that I completely is missing or could someone
please show me how, by example, how I use Intra-package References.

Best regards

Marc