(bit)torrent source code help

Astan Chee stanc at al.com.au
Mon Jan 14 00:45:00 EST 2008

Hi,
Im using windows XP and I was wondering if anyone had any experience in
compiling (using py2exe) the official bittorrent client (
http://download.bittorrent.com/dl/BitTorrent-5.2.0.tar.gz ) or any
bittorrent client open source and written in python. I ask since I am
trying to make several of my own modification to the protocol but the
official open source client keeps on giving me missing modules (I have
all the required modules and components and it keeps on failing due to
platform-based errors) when I try to create an executable of it using
py2exe.
Can anyone either suggest another source code for a torrent client or
any torrent client in python that compiles nicely with py2exe in windows?
Thanks
Astan