ANN: Phatch = PHoto bATCH processor and renamer based on PIL

Stani spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 05:41:51 EST 2008

Wolfgang Strobl <news2 <at> mystrobl.de> writes:

> Steve Holden <steve <at> holdenweb.com> wrote:
>
> >RTFM: the web site instructions clearly state that setup.py doesn't
> >currently work with Windows.
>
> Do they? http://photobatch.stani.be/ doesn't, following "documentation"
> http://photobatch.stani.be/ doesn't, either.
Strange. If you follow documentation on http://photobatch.stani.be you get on
the documentation website, where there are clearly links to install.

> I missed "start phatch in
> trunk/phatch" while browsing through the web site, though. Not finding
> any specific instructions in README and finding no INSTALL at all, I
> expected setup.py to work on any platform.
For the next release I added a remark in README. I hope that helps.

I strongly advise you to read the tutorials:
http://photobatch.wikidot.com/tutorials (for your convenience one of them is
even translated in german, feel free to translate the other one)

Thans to Frédéric, there is now a tutorial for writing your own actions with PIL
(no knowledge of wxpython needed):
http://photobatch.wikidot.com/writing-actions

Also to understand fully how variables work in Phatch for filenames and folders:
http://photobatch.wikidot.com/variables

As a general note, the documentation website is an open wiki, so feel free to
improve or contribute (eg how to install Phatch on Windows ;-) ).