Official IRC channel for Python?

Manu Hack manuhack at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 01:57:28 EST 2008

On 23 Feb 2008 22:21:59 -0800, Paul Rubin
<"http://phr.cx"@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> "Manu Hack" <manuhack at gmail.com> writes:
>  > > Really? maybe I'm been blocked from it...
>  > >  thanks.
>  >

> > Maybe you need your nick name to be recognized.  You need to register
>  > your nickname somewhere.
>
>  On freenode, you need to register your nick in order to send private
>  messages, but you can join a channel with an unregistered nick.  If
>  the nick is registered to someone else, you get a message saying to
>  identify (which in this situation actually means change nicks, since
>  you presumably don't have the password to identify as the other
>  person).
>
>  Manu, what happens when you try to join?  What happens if you change
>  nicks?  Can you connect to freenode at all?  Can you join other
>  channels?
>  --

For most of the channels there is not problem joining.  Only the
python channel I need to use message nickserv to identify in order to
join.  I'm not very into the irc thing so after the first time I
register the nickname and then I don't seem to remember  where I
registered.

LIke if I run /join python in irssi it gives  #python You need to be
identified to join that channel

so I need to run /msg nickserv identify my_password

and then I can join #python by running /join python.

Manu