Official IRC channel for Python?

Paul Rubin http
Sun Feb 24 01:21:59 EST 2008

"Manu Hack" <manuhack at gmail.com> writes:
> > Really? maybe I'm been blocked from it...
> >  thanks.
>
> Maybe you need your nick name to be recognized.  You need to register
> your nickname somewhere.

On freenode, you need to register your nick in order to send private
messages, but you can join a channel with an unregistered nick.  If
the nick is registered to someone else, you get a message saying to
identify (which in this situation actually means change nicks, since
you presumably don't have the password to identify as the other
person).

Manu, what happens when you try to join?  What happens if you change
nicks?  Can you connect to freenode at all?  Can you join other
channels?