The big shots

bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:56:41 EST 2008

On 19 fév, 21:49, castiro... at gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 19, 5:17 am, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
>

> 42.desthuilli... at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com> wrote:
>
> > (snip remaining of mostly inarticulate post, just couldn't make sens of
> > it - as usual)
>
> > > No idea what's wrong with these people here - but I bet if you team up
> > > with Illias, you can start working on his language-to-rule-them-all in
> > > no time, shortening the delivery goal of 2011 immensly.
>
> > Hum... Perhaps a bit harsh, but there's something here : castironpi's
> > posts definitively have something in common with Illias' ones. Couldn't
> > name exactly what, but still...
>
> > <op>
> > If you really hope to get any serious attention, stop whining and learn
> > to express yourself clearly. This won't necessarily make anybody agree
> > with your proposals, but at least chances are someone will read them.
> > </op>
>
> Ok, take this one.  C is faster than Python.

C and Python are *languages* - that is, a grammar and a syntax. I fail
to see how a qualificative like "fast" can apply to a grammar+syntax.

Did you mean that "the same program written in C and compiled to
native code is faster than when written in Python and executed using
the CPython runtime" ?

> It would be useful, in
> certain cases, to write C.

Possibly, but this has nothing to do with Python.

> It is possible but inconvenient, out of the way.

What is inconvenient ? Writing C code ? Compiling it ? Distributing
the compiled executable or library ?

> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 11:48:51 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: C function in a Python contexthttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/cd2...

OMG ! LordHaveMercy(tm).

> My suspicion is that my choices of message subjects, function names,
> and variable names, is the biggest hang up.

My suspicion is that you should read the whole DailyWTF archives - for
educational purpose.