The big shots

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Tue Feb 19 19:57:25 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 14:43 -0800, castironpi at gmail.com wrote:
> May I insist?  By the criteria you've mentioned so far, nothing rules
> out 'ext'.  If it's still a bad idea, there's a reason.  What is it?

I didn't "rule out" 'ext'. I have no say over what goes or doesn't go
into the Python standard library. I am the maintainer if a third-party
extension module that has approximately hundreds of users, and I would
never dream of trying to get it included in the standard library.

I expressed my opinion that 'ext' is an insane idea. I wouldn't use it,
but that shouldn't stop you from using it. Neither should my opinion
stop you from trying to sell 'ext'. If it's really as good as you think
it is, you'll be rich in no time.

Good luck,

--
Carsten Haese