advanced usage of python threads

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Fri Feb 22 12:02:23 EST 2008

hyperboreean wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a document where I can find some advanced information about
> python threads? I know the basic things about them and did some
> practice, but when I try to advance I don't know where to go or how to go.

What's your application doing? Most people are not aware that threading
isn't the best solution for concurrency. For IO bound applications (like
network applications) async event IO is faster and costs less resources.
For other problems you are better off with forking processes.

This is Python and not Java. This is the 21st century and not the early
90ties of the last century. Java favors threads because back in the
90ties it was design for dumb set-top boxes which neither supported
separate process spaces nor threads.

Christian