PHP Developer highly interested in Python (web development) with some open questions...

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Feb 24 01:02:01 EST 2008

Tamer Higazi wrote:
> Hi!
> My brother is dreaming and dying for python and swear that it is the
> ultimate killer application language.
>
> I am coding Webapplication in PHP5 and ask myself if for python are:
>
> - application frameworks like: "Zend Framework" and ezComponents
> - What is the Zope Applikation Server? Is it also a Webserver like the
> Apache or Tomcat Webserver?

You can write web servers completely in Python. There are many such, and
  there are also a number of web frameworks, the two best-known  being
TurboGears and Django.

> - Is there a way of Round Tripp engineering based on UML XMI Files to
> generate python files (with it's dependencies) ????

I'll let the UML users answer this one, but UML is certainly supported,
and quite a few commercial tools are starting to support Python.

> - Let us assume, I want to write a Web application in Python (what I did
> now in PHP5) and want to distribute my work under commercial usage.
>
> Can I encrypt my work and generate Licence Files for Customers who would
> purchase my End-Sollution like with:
>
> - Zend Encoder
> - IonCube
> - SourceGuardian
>
> ???
>
> I just ask, because I have finished a product and will encrpyt it with
> the Ioncube encoder based on PHP5.

The Python world doesn't invest greatly in source encryption, so you may
not get many helpful suggestions. I am sure, however, that you will get
a few people suggesting your code is rather less likely to need
protection (and be worthy of it) than you think.

> for answering all my Questions, I would thank you guys very much.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119