PHP Developer highly interested in Python (web development) with some open questions...

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Sun Feb 24 07:44:37 EST 2008

Tamer Higazi wrote:
> - What is the Zope Applikation Server? Is it also a Webserver like the
> Apache or Tomcat Webserver?

Zope is much more than a webserver. It's a web application server
including a fast object database (ACID, support clustering and MVCC), a
powerful plugin architecture, builtin security and many, many more.

Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zope

> - Is there a way of Round Tripp engineering based on UML XMI Files to
> generate python files (with it's dependencies) ????

Plone and Archetypes (based on Zope) have a tool named ArchGenXML. It
takes UML XMI files and generates content types, workflows and products
for the Plone CMS.

> - Let us assume, I want to write a Web application in Python (what I did
> now in PHP5) and want to distribute my work under commercial usage.
>
> Can I encrypt my work and generate Licence Files for Customers who would
> purchase my End-Sollution like with:

Source code encryption can't stop people from reading or stealing your
code. Microsoft tries it, Apple tries it and even the RIAA tries it.
None of them had success in the past. :]

A proper service contract is more important.

Christian