ANN: Phatch = PHoto bATCH processor and renamer based on PIL

SPE - Stani's Python Editor spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 03:53:48 EST 2008

On Feb 21, 2:32 pm, Istvan Albert <istvan.alb... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 18, 9:58 am, "SPE- Stani'sPythonEditor"
>
> <spe.stani... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm pleased to announce the release of Phatch which is a
> > powerful batch processor and renamer. Phatch exposes a big part of
>
> This program is fantastic! Very accesible user interface and produces
> ggreat images.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Istvan
>
> PS. the name Phatch is a bit hard to prononunce (easily confusable
> with fetch), it is not easy to talk about it in a live conversation.
> You should just call it photo-batch, in the end all the acronym saves
> you is four letters and you lose the obvious meaning of what the tool
> does. Anyhow, just a suggestion based on the first impressions,
I like the name Phatch as it close to "patching photos" as well. Most
people remember it as a contraction of PHoto bATCH, which I would not
use as a name because it is too general and many programs are called
like that. Phatch is also not such a polluted namespace when you
google. There only seems to be chef cook called Phatch, of which I now
follow his recipes through Google Alerts. That is rather amusing than
disturbing.

> great
> tool, great functionality. We can surely  nominate it for the bestPythonbased tool of 2008 ... so far ;-)
Well, thanks a lot for all the compliments. Feel free to spread the
word or to get involved:
- by contributing back on the wiki (tutorials, review my non-native
english, screencasts, ...)
http://photobatch.wikidot.com
- by translating:
https://translations.launchpad.net/phatch/trunk/+pots/phatch
- at the moment Phatch has no known bugs, I really wish someone could
fine one so I can fix it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/phatch/

I hope a lot of people give this program a try as it only requires you
to set up wxPython and PIL.

Stani
--
http://photobatch.stani.be