Python 3.0

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Mon Feb 18 12:49:36 EST 2008

Blubaugh, David A. wrote:
> Is there a logical reason why Python 3 is not backwards compatible?

Yes.  It's a conscious decision by the developers and community to get
rid of some of the crud and old design decisions that have crept into
the language over the last 10+ years.  The intent is to keep the
incompatibilities to a minimum, but subject to the larger goal of
producing a cleaner/better language unhindered by the need of absolute
compatibility.

Gary Herron