Can anyone help, please?

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 12 18:42:31 EST 2008

On Feb 12, 4:10 pm, maehhheeyy <maehhhe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, right now I'm using Python and Multicast. I have the code for
> Multicast receiver on Python but I keep getting this error;
>
> File "<string>", line 1, in bind
> error: (10049, "Can't assign requested address")
>
> The error is coming from this line;
> sock.bind ((MCAST_ADDR, MCAST_PORT))
>
> This is the code that I am using:

 <snip>

> I'm using the UDP multicast. Is there anything that I did wrong in
> this code?
>
> Can anyone please help me solve this problem?

I cannot help you directly, but googling for this error number and
message and chasing a few Usenet posts led me to "Beej's Guide to
Network Programming Using Internet Sockets" (http://beej.us/guide/
bgnet/), which someone else having your problem reported to have been
helpful (and it looks like it was recently updated).

Good luck,
-- Paul