Can anyone help, please?

maehhheeyy maehhheeyy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:10:59 EST 2008

Hi, right now I'm using Python and Multicast. I have the code for
Multicast receiver on Python but I keep getting this error;

File "<string>", line 1, in bind
error: (10049, "Can't assign requested address")

The error is coming from this line;
sock.bind ((MCAST_ADDR, MCAST_PORT))

This is the code that I am using:

import socket
import time

ANY = "0.0.0.0"
SENDERPORT = 1501
MCAST_ADDR = "224.168.2.9"
MCAST_PORT = 1600

sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM,
socket.IPPROTO_UDP)

sock.setsockopt(socket.IPPROTO_IP, socket.IP_MULTICAST_TTL, 255)
status = sock.setsockopt(socket.IPPROTO_IP,
                         socket.IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP,
                         socket.inet_aton(MCAST_ADDR) +
socket.inet_aton(ANY));

sock.setblocking(0)
ts = time.time()
while 1:
   try:
      data, addr = sock.recvfrom(1024)
   except socket.error, e:
      pass
   else:
      print "We got data!"
      print "FROM: ", addr
      print "DATA: ", data

I'm using the UDP multicast. Is there anything that I did wrong in
this code?

Can anyone please help me solve this problem?