Python GUI toolkit

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sun Feb 3 11:55:01 EST 2008

On 2008-02-03, default at defaulted.default <default at defaulted.default> wrote:

> what i meant was, i tried gtk, didnt like it, the main reason was that it
> had a very bad gui appeal for me, i did try my hand at wx , and i would have
> stuck with it,

Wx generally uses GTK on Unix, so if you don't like GTK, then
Wx isn't really an option.  Wx uses native widgets on Win32, so
it'll look just as ugly as a normal Win32 app does.

> but then i saw the qt4 screenshot and couple of examples of
> its code and i liked it, so i was wondering, if anyone would
> tell me that i should stick to wx or go forward with qt4.

Stick with Wx.  It uses GTK, and GTK is "native" on my system.

> also, is qt4 apps better looking in both win/linux than wx
> apps, coz the main thing i m looking for is visual appeal of
> the gui.

If what you care about is your opinion of the looks, what are
you asking us for?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Do you like "TENDER
                                  at               VITTLES"?