Article of interest: Python pros/cons for the enterprise

Ryan Ginstrom software at ginstrom.com
Sat Feb 23 07:53:56 EST 2008

> On Behalf Of Jeff Schwab
> When I see this silliness again and again, it really breaks
> my heart

If you allow your heart to be broken by others' opinions, you're setting
yourself up for a lot of disappointment IMHO.

I personally used C++ for about 90% of my code for 10 years. During that
time, I was chugging the C++ Kool-Aid so hard I almost peed myself. I still
think that C++ is a beautiful language, but I have also come to think that
starting a program with C++ is a premature optimization.

I think that very few Python programmers today started with Python. Most of
them came to Python for a reason.

Regards,
Ryan Ginstrom