What is the most simple, quicket, yet most powerful python Web-Framework?

xkenneth xkenneth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 22:33:37 EST 2008

> My question is: "What makes you think that there is a royal road to web
> development?"
I don't, I was just hoping there was something I was missing, or more
simple than anything I'd experienced.

> You have already chosen some technology (Ajax and ZODB) without any
> apparent justification.
I've chosen Ajax for it's asynchronous nature. Alot of the data I'm
going to be displayed needs to be updated immediately as it comes in.
I've chosen ZODB because of the way it operates. I really enjoy the
flexibility of an object-oriented database as well as the ZEO server,
which will allow me to exactly what I need to do.

Why not just consult your prejudices for the
> others as well.
I haven't made any decisions as to the technology I'm going to use
with prejudice, I simply failed to explain properly why I chose those
technologies.

> Come to that, why is it even necessary to select a
> Python-based solution?
Most of my codebase is currently in python. I use python to do things
like data acquisiton and signal processing. I'm very familiar with
python, and I enjoy developing in it. Python has the technologies
available to it that allow to do what I want to do.

> I could say "Django can do everything you need from your description of
> your requirements", but then you'd be disappointed that it does in fact
> take time to learn how to do things in Django. Just like it does in any
> other complex framework.
Thanks.

> regards
>   Steve
> --
> Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119
> Holden Web LLC              http://www.holdenweb.com/

Regards,
Kenneth Miller